Lamb Curry with Nuts and Coconut Milk has an amazing combination of spicy, subtle and tropical flavors to tantalize and satisfy the palate. It’s like tantric temptation for the palate, and always leaves you pleased.
- 1 Cup coconut milk (400ml)
- 2 ounces cashew nuts (50 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger, grated (15 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- leaves from 1 sprig of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces butter or ghee (100 g)
- 1 small onion
- 2 1/4 pounds lamb, trimmed and cubed (1 kg)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1 ounce sultanas (25 g)
- 2 ounces almonds (50 g)
- 6 curry leaves
- Grind, pound or blend in a food processor (liquidizer) the cashew nuts, garlic, chili powder, ginger, ground coriander, turmeric, coriander leaves, Garam Masala and pepper.
- Heat the butter or ghee in a pan, add the onion and fry until golden, then add the blended spices and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the meat, stir and fry for 5 minutes, then pour on the coconut milk, add the saffron, sultanas, almonds and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, covered over low heat for about 1 hour, until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle on the curry leaves.
Once again, Italian cookery has shown its universal appeal in this historic Jewish dish created by I...
This alcoholic Jell-O shot dessert is intended for Gay Pride parties of adults only.
The subtle flavors of Barley Pilaf with Peas makes this dish a wonderful accompaniment for strongly ...
Warm and comforting in cold weather, Cream of Mushroom Soup is delightfully earthy ...