Lamb Chops with Spicy Mango Salsa and Avocado Sauce is a glorious Asian Fusion compilation of flavors and ingredients making a wonderful main course.
Lamb Chops with Spicy Mango Salsa and Avocado Sauce
Author: Visanu Chivacharern
Recipe type: Main Course
Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- 1/2 Cup sugar, divided use
- 1/2 Cup fish sauce, divided use
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon peanut oil, divided use
- 1/4 Cup oyster sauce
- 1 piece lemongrass, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds rack of lamb, Frenched, cut in chops
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 4 Thai or Serrano chiles, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/4 pound steak fries
- frisee lettuce, as needed
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- aged balsamic vinegar (optional), as needed
- For marinade, mix 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup fish sauce, 1/4 cup peanut oil, oyster sauce, lemongrass, cilantro, garlic and white pepper. Add lamb and marinate for 30 minutes.
- For sauce, mix 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup fish sauce, lime juice, chiles and 1 Tbsp. peanut oil. Add mango and avocado.
- Place lamb portions on grill over high heat until medium rare. Cook steak fries.
- To serve, pile fries in the middle of the plate. Place lamb around fries. Drizzle sauce on lamb; place frisee on top of lamb. Drizzle sauce around the plate, garnish with tomatoes. Finish with a drizzle of aged balsamic.