A treat any time of year, Lace Cookies are simply extraordinary for the holiday season, and delightful. Sweet, crisp, crunchy and alluring. No two are ever alike. Lace cookies make a great accompaniments to other desserts such as ice cream, puddings and custards. Crushed, they are a superb topping.
- 2 1/4 Cups oats, steel cut
- 2 1/4 Cups light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix oats, sugar, flour and salt, breaking the oats up slightly with your hands.
- Mix in butter, vanilla and egg.
- Portion (1 teaspoon) mounds of batter, 1 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet (don’t crowd, the cookies spread when baked).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
Making a gingerbread house is always a great family event that brings everyone together to create a ...
Perfect for summertime picnics and entertaining, Chilled Cucumber Soup is creamy and full of refresh...
Vegetable Lo Mein is one of the easiest dishes for a beginner to make. The mastery comes in correctl...
Bavarian Pot Roast is a warming, soothing comfort food that embodies the taste of the season. Simply...