A treat any time of year, Lace Cookies are simply extraordinary for the holiday season, and delightful. Sweet, crisp, crunchy and alluring. No two are ever alike. Lace cookies make a great accompaniments to other desserts such as ice cream, puddings and custards. Crushed, they are a superb topping.
- 2 1/4 Cups oats, steel cut
- 2 1/4 Cups light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix oats, sugar, flour and salt, breaking the oats up slightly with your hands.
- Mix in butter, vanilla and egg.
- Portion (1 teaspoon) mounds of batter, 1 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet (don’t crowd, the cookies spread when baked).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
Light, flavorful and refreshing, these outstanding pancakes are full of great textures. Zucchini-Pot...
Layers of apples, crispy and flaky puff pastry and rich caramel combine to make Apple Napoleons with...
There's a delightful tropical quality about Jamaican Banana Bread that makes it perfect for cooler w...
Porter Cake is a dense, rich, fluffy and fruity cake with outstanding flavor, rather like a lighter ...