A treat any time of year, Lace Cookies are simply extraordinary for the holiday season, and delightful. Sweet, crisp, crunchy and alluring. No two are ever alike. Lace cookies make a great accompaniments to other desserts such as ice cream, puddings and custards. Crushed, they are a superb topping.
- 2 1/4 Cups oats, steel cut
- 2 1/4 Cups light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix oats, sugar, flour and salt, breaking the oats up slightly with your hands.
- Mix in butter, vanilla and egg.
- Portion (1 teaspoon) mounds of batter, 1 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet (don’t crowd, the cookies spread when baked).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
Roast Pork Loin Sofrito is an exceptionally delicious dish with roots in both Spain and Puerto Rico....
Champ Mashed Potatoes are a national classic, representing a united Ireland's history and taste for ...
The flavors of this incredible pork tenderloin are intense, rich, deep and spicy. The softer papaya ...
Coconut French Macaroons are light, airy confections made as meringues with flaked coconut. They bea...