La Paella Crema Catalana is the Spanish version of Crème brûlée. A luscious custard is topped with sugar that is caramelized into a candy crust. It’s delightfully good.
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 4 Cups milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 cup milk. Set aside.
- Warm remaining milk with cinnamon stick and lemon zest over medium heat. Bring to low boil. Blend egg yolks with 1 cup sugar in medium bowl.
- Strain boiled milk into egg mixture, stirring or whisking constantly. Add dissolved cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pan and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain again through a fine sieve.
- Divide custard among 6 individual oven-proof dishes. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, spread remaining 1/4 cup sugar to cover tops evenly.
- Set dishes on rack beneath broiler; broil until sugar bubbles and browns (keep careful watch so tops do not burn.) Alternatively, heat tops with propane torch* until sugar forms a firm, caramelized layer, about 1 to 2 minutes.
An interesting dish that may be served for a variety of meals from breakfast to a delightful appetiz...
This recipe for Double Rice Stuffing is packed with flavor and exceptional, mouthwatering textures. ...
A glorious bean recipe from New England, Weymouth Baked Beans offers superior flavors and delightful...
We made our delicious version with Panettone, though brioche works as well (much better than whole w...