La Paella Crema Catalana is the Spanish version of Crème brûlée. A luscious custard is topped with sugar that is caramelized into a candy crust. It’s delightfully good.
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 4 Cups milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 cup milk. Set aside.
- Warm remaining milk with cinnamon stick and lemon zest over medium heat. Bring to low boil. Blend egg yolks with 1 cup sugar in medium bowl.
- Strain boiled milk into egg mixture, stirring or whisking constantly. Add dissolved cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pan and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain again through a fine sieve.
- Divide custard among 6 individual oven-proof dishes. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, spread remaining 1/4 cup sugar to cover tops evenly.
- Set dishes on rack beneath broiler; broil until sugar bubbles and browns (keep careful watch so tops do not burn.) Alternatively, heat tops with propane torch* until sugar forms a firm, caramelized layer, about 1 to 2 minutes.
For a spectacular burst of incredible flavor, try Glazed Carrots and Parsnips. The sweetness of the...
Pan Bagnat is a specialty sandwich from the South of France and adjoining Italian communities along ...
The perfect end to a banquet or family dinner, John Torode's Christmas Pear and Chocolate Tiramisu T...
When making a hearty breakfast Chunky Ranch-Style Home Fries are the perfect side dish with eggs, om...