Kvaefjordkake is the national dessert of Norway, and a mighty fine confection worthy of praise. The incredible flavor will astound, surprise, and delight the most discerning palate.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 Tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 package vanilla pudding, instant
- 3/4 Cup, plus 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Prepare a baking tin about 12 x 8-inch with parchment paper and preheat oven at 350° F.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar, little by little until the mixture is firm.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add one egg yolk at the time and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and vanilla powder in a bowl.
- Add the flour mix and milk alternately starting and ending with the flour. Do NOT over-mix, just until the flour is combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan.
- Spread the meringue evenly over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
- Bake in an oven at 350° F for about 20 minutes, or until the meringue is slightly golden and the pin comes out dry when pierced through the cake. Let the cake cool in the baking tray for a few minutes.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding according to instructions on the packet.
- Whip the cream until it forms medium peaks and gently fold in the vanilla pudding.
- Divide the cake into two parts, lengthwise or width-wise.
- Put one of the parts on a serving tray.
- Spread the chilled cream filling on top of the cake.
- Cover with the second part.
- Serve chilled.
This truly simple recipe produces outstanding results every time, with perfect rice to accompany all...
There's a lot of flavor in every bite of our Pot Roast Stroganoff recipe. Its ingredients add up to ...
These freshly made Potato Farls (pancakes) are served with a hearty Irish breakfast, or used as a ba...
Veal Stew with Apples is best made with crisp, firm apples that hold up to cooking. The flavors are...