The juicy nature of spicy Kosher Pickles makes them perfect accompaniments for hearty deli sandwiches. Their moisture offsets dry meats like turkey and pastrami.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pickles
- 1/2 Cup Kosher salt
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 2 pounds Kirby cucumbers; washed and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic; peeled and smashed (or more)
- 2 Tablespoons dill weed; dried
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Combine salt and boiling water in a large bowl. Stir to dissolve the salt. Add a handful of ice cubes to cool it down. Then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Add cold water to cover. Use a plate slightly smaller than the diameter of the bowl and a small weight to keep the cuckes under water. Keep at room temperature.
- Begin sampling the cukes after 2 hours. It will take 12-48 hours for the cukes to become pickley enough to suit your taste. When they taste the way you want, refrigerate them in their brine.