Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Lamb or Mutton
- 2 lamb leg steaks
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2/3 pound mushrooms
- handful of chopped rosemary or thyme (to taste)
- grated cheese to cover (Cheddar or Mozzarella)
- Cut your vegetables into thin slices and fry gently in olive oil, add a few of your chosen herbs, season with black pepper and cook until they are nicely softened. Leaving your sliced tomatoes until last in order to stop them getting too soft. Remove from the pan and place to one side.
- Rub the remaining herbs all over the chops and cook on both sides under a medium grill or griddle pan.
- As soon as your lamb is cooked, remove the bone and place onto a greased baking tray. Take your cooked vegetables and place a layer of peppers, a layer of onions a layer of mushrooms and finally a layer of tomatoes on the top of steak. Cover each of them with grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese is fully melted.
Lamb chops cooked with herbs then covered in peppers, onions and tomatoes finished off under the grill with a covering of melted cheese.
Serve with boiled rice, potatoes or chips.