Kir Royale Ice Cream is a unique and interesting recipe; an Epicurus original, tested again and again (we can’t get enough, honestly). It has a rich, creamy and fruity flavor with the crisp taste of fine champagne. Brilliant for entertaining. Kir Royale is a sweet, delicious blending of currant flavored Creme de Cassis and Champagne. Here it is used as a sauce over this ice cream dessert.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Creme de Cassis or black currant jam, melted
- 1 glass Champagne
- 1/4 Cup whipped cream
- 1 part Creme de Cassis
- 5 parts Champagne, chilled
- Put the heavy cream, sugar and lemon rind in a saucepan and add in the yolks of two eggs, stir on low heat and continue stirring until it comes to the boil. Remove the rind and let it cool. When it is cold, fold in the whipped cream, Creme de Cassis (or melted jam) and the Champagne and place in an ice cold metal container.
- Place in the freezer for an hour and stir every 20 minutes with an electric blender or whisk.
- Pour creme de cassis into a glass and gently pour champagne on top.
- Serve in Champagne glasses and pour chilled Kir Royale on top as a syrup.
Delightful Cheesy Mushroom Canapes can make a simple party a great event. Combine these little treas...
Simple and scary, Frankenfurter Worms makes eating slimy creatures fun and delicious. Make bloody sa...
Serve these for breakfast, brunch or dinner. They are delicious, protein rich and full of flavor. S...
Baccala alla Napoletana (Salted Cod Neapolitan Style) has a fishy history. Naples was ruled by the S...