Kir Royale Ice Cream is a unique and interesting recipe; an Epicurus original, tested again and again (we can’t get enough, honestly). It has a rich, creamy and fruity flavor with the crisp taste of fine champagne. Brilliant for entertaining. Kir Royale is a sweet, delicious blending of currant flavored Creme de Cassis and Champagne. Here it is used as a sauce over this ice cream dessert.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Creme de Cassis or black currant jam, melted
- 1 glass Champagne
- 1/4 Cup whipped cream
- 1 part Creme de Cassis
- 5 parts Champagne, chilled
- Put the heavy cream, sugar and lemon rind in a saucepan and add in the yolks of two eggs, stir on low heat and continue stirring until it comes to the boil. Remove the rind and let it cool. When it is cold, fold in the whipped cream, Creme de Cassis (or melted jam) and the Champagne and place in an ice cold metal container.
- Place in the freezer for an hour and stir every 20 minutes with an electric blender or whisk.
- Pour creme de cassis into a glass and gently pour champagne on top.
- Serve in Champagne glasses and pour chilled Kir Royale on top as a syrup.
Slow-Roasted Four Onion Soup is an exceptionally flavorful soup with a rich compendium of onion flav...
Our recipe for Summer Berry Paris-Brest is a gem of a dessert, ideally suited to special occasions o...
There's something amazing about Barbecued Duck Cobb Salad and that's flavor! It packs exceptional fl...
The "21" Club was a New York speakeasy, with a checkered past of Prohibition-era antics that are leg...