King Edward Hotel’s Tomato Bisque offers an amazing amalgamation of flavors that please the palate by any metric possible. Exceptionally tasty.
King Edward Hotel's Tomato Bisque
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 Cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup diced eggplant
- 1 Cup diced yellow zucchini
- 1 Cup diced green zucchini
- 1 Cup diced sweet peppers (yellow, red and green)
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 1/3 Cups chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- Cook onion and garlic in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add eggplant, zucchini and peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in tomato juice and stock.
- Simmer until vegetables are just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil, season with salt and pepper.
Serving size: Each serving Calories: 76 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 3 g Sodium: 694 mg Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg