These delicious Keswick Hall Pistachio Madeleines are simply wonderful with afternoon tea, or served as an accompaniment to ice cream, custard or other desserts. Simple and slightly crunchy, the pistachios add a delicious flavor making them unusual and exciting.
- 1 1/2 Cups butter; plus more
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh pistachios (unsalted)
- 2 Cups flour
- Heat 1 1/2 cups butter in small saucepan over low heat until it melts and separates. Spoon off any foam on top. Spoon off clear clarified butter and reserve (you'll need 1 1/4 cups), leaving milky residue in pan. Discard residue. Cool clarified butter and refrigerate 2 hours until firm but not hard.
- Mix clarified butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla and salt. Fold in pistachios and flour. Pipe or spoon batter into greased madeleine molds.
- Bake at 350 degrees until light brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from molds.
This recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen madeleines.
Your palate will promptly fall in love with its first taste of Butterscotch Custard Pie. It really ...
Cold Hungarian Cherry Soup calls for sour cherries, but we've made this with canned Bing cherries (s...
Simple, rich and exceptionally flavored, Baby Carrots and Onions in Cream goes so well with roasts a...
A refreshingly flavorful recipe that brings a taste of summertime to your plate. Chipotle Chocolate...