These delicious Keswick Hall Pistachio Madeleines are simply wonderful with afternoon tea, or served as an accompaniment to ice cream, custard or other desserts. Simple and slightly crunchy, the pistachios add a delicious flavor making them unusual and exciting.
- 1 1/2 Cups butter; plus more
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh pistachios (unsalted)
- 2 Cups flour
- Heat 1 1/2 cups butter in small saucepan over low heat until it melts and separates. Spoon off any foam on top. Spoon off clear clarified butter and reserve (you'll need 1 1/4 cups), leaving milky residue in pan. Discard residue. Cool clarified butter and refrigerate 2 hours until firm but not hard.
- Mix clarified butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla and salt. Fold in pistachios and flour. Pipe or spoon batter into greased madeleine molds.
- Bake at 350 degrees until light brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from molds.
This recipe yields 3 1/2 dozen madeleines.
Based on white sauce, this exceptional White Onion Soup is rich with flavor and creamy Irish goodnes...
Chicken a l'Orange is an exceptional French dish; a variation on the more famous version with duckli...
Coconut French Macaroons are light, airy confections made as meringues with flaked coconut. They bea...
Veal Stew with Apples is best made with crisp, firm apples that hold up to cooking. The flavors are...