Kentucky Benedict, an exceptional breakfast or brunch dish, is packed with unexpected flavors and delightful textures. You will love its country charm, and enjoy the sophistication of its complex combination of ingredients. A pleasure to eat.
- 2 Tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 4 eggs, extra large
- 4 slices country ham
- 2 buttermilk biscuit, halved
- 4 ounces Hollandaise (recipe below)
- 2 ounces Marchands de Bourbon (recipe follows)
- breakfast potatoes, as needed
- 3 yolks from large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 Cup butter, unsalted, chilled
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with vinegar. Reduce to a simmer, give the water a good stir, and add the eggs. Poach for about 3 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan warm the ham. Place a slice on each biscuit half.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from the poaching water and place on top of the ham. Top each egg with 1 ounce Hollandaise and 1/2 ounce Marchands de Bourbon.
- Serve with breakfast potatoes such as hash browns or home fries.
- In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice with wire whisk. Add 1/4 cup of the butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until butter is melted.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup butter. Continue stirring vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. (Be sure butter melts slowly so eggs have time to cook and thicken sauce without curdling.) If the sauce curdles (mixture begins to separate), add about 1 tablespoon boiling water and beat vigorously with wire whisk or hand beater until it's smooth.
- Serve immediately. Store covered in refrigerator. To serve refrigerated sauce, reheat over very low heat and stir in a small amount of water. Do not microwave.
A most surprising and alluring Asian side dish, Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms is a treasure is ide...
Simply outstanding as both a Christmas centerpiece and treat, this beautiful creation produces a vis...
Martha Washington's Devil's Food Cake is inspiring, considering that her President had no White Hous...
An astonishingly delightful dessert with amazing flavor! Zuppa Inglese is a wonderful, layered confe...