A delightful German side dish, Kasespatzle (Spaetzle Cheese Noodles) is packed with great flavor. Perfect with roasts.
Kasespatzle (Spaetzle Cheese Noodles)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 onions; sliced in small rings
- 3 ounces Emmenthaler cheese; grated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 Cups spaetzle noodles
- 2 Tablespoons chives; chopped
- Heat butter in frypan, add onions, and brown lightly. Toss cheese with dry mustard.
- Add cooked noodles to cooked onions and cheese; mix well.
- Place mixture in an ovenproof casserole.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with chopped chives before serving.