Kartoffelsuppe (Potato Soup)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Potato Dishes
- 2 potatoes; medium
- 1 onion; medium size
- 4 celery and leaves; stalks
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 boiling water
- 1 bay leaf; small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Cups milk; up to 3 Cups maybe used
- parsley; chopped
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes, onion and celery. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes in hot vegetable oil.
- In a large pot, add all of the vegetables and cover with with just enough boiling water to cover. Place bay leaf and salt in pot and boil vegetables until tender.
- Drain vegetables and reserve liquid. Mash vegetables into vegetable stock; add butter.
- Thin soup with milk as desired; heat until warm. (DO NOT boil).
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.