Kansas City Steak and Spinach Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 3/4 pound boneless tender beef steak - about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons Kikkoman lite soy sauce - divided
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar; divided
- 1 garlic clove; pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano; crumbled
- 1 pound fresh spinach; washed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oranges; peeled and sectioned
- Place steak in large plastic bag with mixture of 2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, garlic and pepper. Press air out of bag; close top securely.
- Turn bag over several times to coat both sides.
- Marinate 30 minutes; turn bag over once. Meanwhile, combine remaining lite soy sauce, vinegar, oil and oregano; set aside. Broil steak 4 minutes on each side (for rare), or to desired doneness; cut across grain into thin slices. Combine with remaining 3 ingredients in large bowl. Blend soy sauce mixture; pour over spinach mixture and toss to combine.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.