You will enjoy this delicious seafood soup, made with udon noodles and tofu, with Kamaboko, a form of processed fish cake found in Japanese markets.
Kamaboko Udon Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon dashi (instant soup base)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup spinach leaves; stemmed
- 1 package udon noodles (7 ounce)
- 3 slices kamaboko (fish cake), 1/8" thick
- 3 pieces firm tofu (2" by 1")
- 1 green onion; chopped
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan, then add dashi and soy sauce. Add spinach and allow to wilt about 2 minutes. Add noodles and cook until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add kamaboko slices; blanch 1 minute.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls and top with green onion.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
You can find dashi and kamaboko at Japanese markets, most Asian markets and some supermarkets with well-stocked Asian aisles.