Kalter Kartoffelsalat (Cold Potato Salad)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Potato Dishes
- 6 potatoes; large *
- 1 boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion; medium, minced
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard; prepared
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dillseed
- * Potatoes should be peeled and quartered.
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water. Dice potatoes. Add oil and minced onion; toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup potato water to a boil; pour over potatoes and onion. Keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, and dillseed. Potato salad will be creamy. Serve at room temperature.