Kale is a great vegetable, rarely used in America, but quite delicious. This recipe provides a mild, luscious side dish well suited to accompanying roasts and braised meats.
- 1 3/4 pounds kale
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons double cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, salt, pepper
- 2 Tablespoons stock (vegetable or chicken)
- Wash the kale and strip the leaves from the stalks, then plunge into briskly boiling salted water and cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Drain well and chop finely.
- In a saucepan combine the butter, cream and pinches of nutmeg, salt and pepper; then add the kale and the stock. Mix well and cook until well heated and the sauce is slightly reduced.