Junior's Famous Brooklyn Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 cake
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Graham crackers
- 7/8 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch; sifted
- 30 ounces cream cheese; at room temp.
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- Liberally grease the side and bottom of an 8-inch spring-form pan with the butter.
- Crush to powder enough graham crackers to lightly coat the bottom. Coat the bottom with the cracker crumbs and refrigerate the pan until ready to use. Mix the sugar with the cornstarch.
- Add the cream cheese and stir to blend well; stir in the egg and blend again. Add the heavy cream, a little at a time, and mix. Stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a rack and let it cool for 3 hours.
- Makes one 8 inch cheesecake.
Developed by baker Eigel Peterson in 1950.