A wonderful gelatin-based salad, this flavorful dessert is best made in a bundt or other mould. Served on buffets, this is always a favorite.
Josephine's Pineapple Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 can 20 ounces size crushed pineapple in heavy syrup (reserve juice)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 package cream cheese, 4 ounces
- 1 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- sliced, halved cherries, pitted
- Soak the mold you are going to use in cold water, and set aside. Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup water and set aside. Heat pineapple and cream cheese until dissolved. (DO NOT BOIL). Add gelatin and stir. Cool.
- Whip the cream, but not too stiff, and add 1 tsp of sugar and vanilla. When pineapple mixture is cool, stir in the other ingredients. Put into mold. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold, and decorate with half-cherries. Refrigerate.