Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 Cup couscous
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper - freshly ground
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Jamaican jerk sauce
- 3 green onions - sliced
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 8 ounces pineapple - fresh cut
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 1/2 Cup chutney - mango
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until firm, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to serving plate; keep warm. Add chicken broth and jerk sauce to skillet and bring to boil; boil 1 minute. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with couscous, Pineapple Salsa and lime wedges.
- PINEAPPLE SALSA: While chicken is cooking, combine pineapple, red pepper, chutney and cilantro in bowl. Stir to combine. makes 4 cups.