Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Papaya Salsa
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 4 each chicken, legs, quarters, broiler/fryer type
- 2 Tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, seasoned, spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Papaya Salsa:
- 1 1/2 Cups papaya, diced
- 1/4 Cup onion, red, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pepper, red, minced
- 2 Tablespoons jelly, hot pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- rice, cooked
- Papaya Salsa: In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together well. Chill. Makes about 2 cups.
- Chicken: In a shallow container, place the hot pepper sauce. Add chicken, one piece at a time, turning to coat. Sprinkle salt, cinnamon and allspice over the chicken.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 F, basting twice with pan juices, for 45 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
- Arrange the rice and chicken on a serving platter. Spoon papaya salsa over the chicken.