Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dishes
- 1 can 7 ounces green chiles, drained
- 3 Cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cheese and/or Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups evaporated milk
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sliced avocado and sour cream for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter an 11x7 glass baking pan.
- Arrange the chilies on the bottom of the casserole. Top with an even layer of the cheese and then the sliced tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are frothy. Gradually whisk in the evaporated milk, flour and salt. Carefully pour over the layers in the dish. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve in squares and garnish with sour cream and avocado slices.