Astounding, vivacious and delectable, Italian Strawberry Dessert Crepes are just the best. Serve a scoop of ice cream on the side or place the crepes on a plate spread with Creme Anglaise.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Cups sifted flour
- 2 eggs plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and crushed
- confectioner' sugar
- Melt butter in top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling water. In a bowl, prepare the batter by mixing the flour, eggs, and egg yolks, milk, granulated sugar (1 Tablespoon), and salt. Blend well.
- Heat a 6 inch skillet or crepe pan and brush it with melted butter.
- Pour in about 3 Tablespoons of the batter and tilt the pan to spread batter over entire bottom. Cook on both sides. Stack crepes as they are cooked, preferably with a sheet of waxed paper between each.
- Cover them with waxed paper until they are to be filled.
- To make filling, cream the ricotta with the granulated sugar and vanilla. Add strawberries and mix gently.
- Spoon some of the mixture down the center of each crepe and roll up the crepe. Sprinkle the rolled crepes with confectioner's sugar.
- Serves 6 to 8.
The Spanish version of Creme Brulee; the delicious flavor of Crema Quemada or Caramelized Custard Fi...
In warmer weather cold Broccoli Soup is both refreshing and healthy for you and your family, and qui...
Adapted from Border Grill, Grilled Skirt Steak with Avocado Corn Relish is a great, flavorful dish w...
The classic Alsatian dish, Quiche Lorraine, provides a warm, comforting slice of pleasure that bring...