Astounding, vivacious and delectable, Italian Strawberry Dessert Crepes are just the best. Serve a scoop of ice cream on the side or place the crepes on a plate spread with Creme Anglaise.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Cups sifted flour
- 2 eggs plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and crushed
- confectioner' sugar
- Melt butter in top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling water. In a bowl, prepare the batter by mixing the flour, eggs, and egg yolks, milk, granulated sugar (1 Tablespoon), and salt. Blend well.
- Heat a 6 inch skillet or crepe pan and brush it with melted butter.
- Pour in about 3 Tablespoons of the batter and tilt the pan to spread batter over entire bottom. Cook on both sides. Stack crepes as they are cooked, preferably with a sheet of waxed paper between each.
- Cover them with waxed paper until they are to be filled.
- To make filling, cream the ricotta with the granulated sugar and vanilla. Add strawberries and mix gently.
- Spoon some of the mixture down the center of each crepe and roll up the crepe. Sprinkle the rolled crepes with confectioner's sugar.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Among comfort foods, Stuffed Pork Chops is one of the best. Perfect for a Sunday dinner. The flavor ...
Pumpkin Crème Brûlée is a perfect substitute for pumpkin pie during autumnal holidays or as a grand ...
This rich, creamy cheesecake is a superb Italian creation that blends flavors which soothe the palat...
Apple Fennel Pecan Salad with Clementine Dressing makes a glorious lunch or brunch dish with lusciou...