Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 4 wild ducks
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion; diced
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato sauce
- 1 package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 1 Cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Prepare ducks. Filet duck breasts. Slice each filet in half to make 2 thin steaks.
- Combine flour, onion salt and garlic salt. Dip filets in seasoned flour. Brown in butter in skillet. Place in shallow casserole dish.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in pan drippings. Add tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup parsley. Cook covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over filets. Combine Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses.
- Sprinkle over casserole. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parsley. Bake covered until cheese melts. This recipe yields 8 servings.
Recipe Source: DUCK SOUP AND OTHER FOWL RECIPES by Lyndia Vold