Italian Chicken Dinner
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 small cabbage; cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion; sliced, separated into rings
- 4 ounces mushrooms; canned, drained
- 2 Tablespoon Tapioca; quick-cooking
- 3 pounds chicken; cut-up, skinned and frozen
- 15 ounces spaghetti sauce, bottled extra thick and meatless
- Parmesan cheese; grated
- In crockpot, place cabbage wedges, onion, and mushrooms. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place frozen chicken pieces atop vegetables, pour spagetti sauce over chicken. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2-5 1/2 hours. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This is far from being Italian, but called so simply from the sauce. However, it's tasty and worth a try. A good slow-cook meal to make before going to work.