Italian Chicken and Rice
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Casseroles
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1 Cup uncooked rice
- 15 ounces Canned tomatoes; undrained, chopped
- 250 grams Velveeta; diced
- 1/4 Cup onion; finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning; divided
- 1 1/4 kilograms chicken pieces; skinless
- 2/3 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Stir together water, rice, tomatoes, Velveeta, onion, and 1 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Top with chicken, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining seasoning. Bakeat 375 degrees F for 45-50 mins or until chicken is tender. Let stand for 5 mins and serve.
- Notes: Convenient and tasty! We used chicken pieces from a whole chicken. We made it up the night before and left it in the fridge. For next time: Add more rice, more tomatoes (just to make it go further), and it would still be good with less Velveeta (to make it less expensive).