For an aromatic, intoxicating treat, try our recipe for Irish Whiskey Truffles. Every bite a treasure any leprechaun would envy.
Irish Whiskey Truffles
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Confectionery
- 7/8 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 shot of Irish Whiskey (we recommend Tullamore Dew)
- 1 Cup dark chocolate (220g)
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- unsweetened cocoa powder (to dust)
- Place the cream, honey and shot of whiskey in a pot and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and add the dark chocolate. Let this mixture cool to room temperature (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- Place this mixture in a blender with the butter and blend until smooth.
- Let the mixture cool for a second time, again to room temperature.
- Using a spoon form small balls of the mixture and roll in cocoa powder to finish.
- Keep cooled until ready to serve.