Irish Truffles are actually an American invention, but perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, when everyone is Irish.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package Double Stuf Oreos, Cool Mint Flavor, (1 pound, 1 ounce package)
- • use 22 cookies with cream centers included
- • use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- chocolate bark or candy coating*
For green truffles
- white chocolate bark/candy coating for dipping
- green candy melts for dipping
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place covered in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to help retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!