The unique flavor of Irish Soda Scones makes them ideal to serve with rich creamery butter, jam and a pot of tea for an afternoon’s delight.
Irish Soda Scones
Raisins, currants or cranberries are delightful options to add to this recipe.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 1 pound white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Add buttermilk a little at a time to make a stiff dough.
- Knead for two or three minutes.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- When brown on top, turn and brown the other side.
Makes 6 to 8 scones.