Irish Oxtail Soup is an incredible, rich, flavorful soup that’s nutrient rich and powerfully tasty. An Irish classic, adopted throughout the diaspora.
Irish Oxtail Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 small oxtail
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 3 medium onions, peeled
- 3 sticks of celery, trimmed and washed
- 1 small turnip, peeled
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 liter beef stock
- 1 spring of thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 ounce cornstarch
- Cut oxtail in to small joints, rinse, put in pot with cold water and boil.
- Peel, clean and chop the vegetables.
- When oxtail has boiled, drain water, add stock, vegetables, pepper, thyme and parsley. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 3 hours until meat falls off bones.
- Remove meat and vegetables and serve them as a main course.
- Cool soup and scrape off layer of fat that will form.
- Pour chilled soup in pan, mix cornstarch in a cup with a little cold stock.
- Gently heat pan, add mixture from cup, stir until thickens.
- Ready to serve!