Irish Loin of Pork with Lemon and Herbs
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 6 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/4 Cup minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 Cup finely grated lemon peel
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 Cup dry Sherry
- Pat pork dry. Score well with sharp knife.
- Combine parsley, onion, peel, basil, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in 2/3 of oil. Rub into pork.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Let pork stand at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush pork with remaining olive oil. Set on rack in shallow pan.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 170 degrees F, about 2 1/2 hours. Set meat aside.
- Degrease pan juices. Blend Sherry into pan juices.
- Cover and cook over low heat 2 minutes. Pour into sauceboat.
- Transfer pork to platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve sauce separately.