Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious soft greens for a delightful side dish. Like spinach, kale is packed with nutrients, but doesn’t wilt down quite as much as spinach when cooked so it is a great alternative.
- 1 bag kale, rinsed well and spun dry
- 1 ounce butter, salted (1/4 stick)
- 4 scallions, roots and tops removed, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream (or half-n-half)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the creamed kale. Blanch the kale in a pan of boiling water until just tender but still with a little bite. Drain quickly and refresh under cold running water to prevent it cooking further.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the scallions for 20 seconds, then add in the kale and season with pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes until heated through. Stir in the cream and allow to bubble down and reduce, season to taste and serve.