Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious soft greens for a delightful side dish. Like spinach, kale is packed with nutrients, but doesn’t wilt down quite as much as spinach when cooked so it is a great alternative.
- 1 bag kale, rinsed well and spun dry
- 1 ounce butter, salted (1/4 stick)
- 4 scallions, roots and tops removed, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream (or half-n-half)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the creamed kale. Blanch the kale in a pan of boiling water until just tender but still with a little bite. Drain quickly and refresh under cold running water to prevent it cooking further.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the scallions for 20 seconds, then add in the kale and season with pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes until heated through. Stir in the cream and allow to bubble down and reduce, season to taste and serve.
Donegal Cream is a luscious, creamy dessert enhanced with fresh fruit, usually berries, though peach...
There's an incredible richness in every spoonful of Augusta's Chilled Tomato Soup with Basil Cream. ...
Barbecued Chicken Sticks are delicious when served wrapped in a flour tortilla along with mint and T...
There are many who prefer not to cook a whole turkey for the holidays, making Herb-Roasted Turkey Br...