Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious soft greens for a delightful side dish. Like spinach, kale is packed with nutrients, but doesn’t wilt down quite as much as spinach when cooked so it is a great alternative.
- 1 bag kale, rinsed well and spun dry
- 1 ounce butter, salted (1/4 stick)
- 4 scallions, roots and tops removed, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream (or half-n-half)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the creamed kale. Blanch the kale in a pan of boiling water until just tender but still with a little bite. Drain quickly and refresh under cold running water to prevent it cooking further.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the scallions for 20 seconds, then add in the kale and season with pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes until heated through. Stir in the cream and allow to bubble down and reduce, season to taste and serve.
Pâté aux Poireaux is a lovely cheese quiche - a savory leek tart from northern France and also popul...
Malagan Gazpacho ia a simple, yet outstanding soup with extraordinary flavors rooted in Arabic cuisi...
The bounty of flavor in Sweet Potatoes and Apples is exceptional in every way. It's a must-try dish...
Laverbread is a traditional Welsh dish made from seaweed. It is a staple of the Welsh breakfast, a s...