Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious soft greens for a delightful side dish. Like spinach, kale is packed with nutrients, but doesn’t wilt down quite as much as spinach when cooked so it is a great alternative.
- 1 bag kale, rinsed well and spun dry
- 1 ounce butter, salted (1/4 stick)
- 4 scallions, roots and tops removed, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream (or half-n-half)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the creamed kale. Blanch the kale in a pan of boiling water until just tender but still with a little bite. Drain quickly and refresh under cold running water to prevent it cooking further.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the scallions for 20 seconds, then add in the kale and season with pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes until heated through. Stir in the cream and allow to bubble down and reduce, season to taste and serve.
Cheese Grits Souffle is a simply wonderful recipe enjoyable at brunch or dinner. Combining the flavo...
Osterbrot, or Easter Bread is essentially, the German version of Greek Tsoureki or Italian Easter Br...
The amazing flavor of this dish is sublimely complemented when served over Jasmine rice. Its rich T...
Curried Vegetable Soup is an incredibly flavorful, rich soup full of tastes from around the globe. ...