The skills of Irish cooks have vastly improved over the past twenty years, broadening to new foods like Irish Crab Cakes. Simply delicious!
Irish Crab Cakes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound white crab meat
- 4 ounces chopped spring onions
- 4 fluid ounces mayonnaise
- 5 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper; chopped
- 2 red onions; chopped
- 3 red chilis; deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes; skinned and chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and divide the mixture into 8 crab cakes. If cakes are very moist dip them into more dry breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry over a medium heat for 4 minutes on each side until brown.
- Serve with chili jam, mashed potatoes or thick potato chips.
- Heat a little olive oil and add red pepper, onion, and chilis. Cook for 30 minutes over a low heat. Add sugar and tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes. Liquidize.
Serve the Chili Jam in a small cup on the side. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and several lemon wedges.