An exceptional treat, Irish Carrot Soup offers incredible flavors with impeccable taste. Enjoy this at the start of a fine dinner or have it a warming lunch with crusty bread.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large white or Spanish onion, chopped coarsely
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 Cups of chicken stock or broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 Cup heavy (whipping) cream
- minced fresh parsley or 6 whole sprigs for garnish
- Prepare all the vegetables and other ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic, and cloves, and cook until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the stock or broth, cover, and simmer, stirring frequently until the carrots are very soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cloves from the stock/broth and discard.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor in batches and process until smooth.
- Return to the same saucepan and stir in the lemon juice and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper and, if needed, thin with the remaining 1/2 cup stock or broth. Cook for another five minutes to simmer.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of cream.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley or place a sprig in the center of the cream.
Wiener Schnitzel is a classic of Austrian and German cuisines. Meaning 'Vienna cutlet', the rich vea...
Simple, delicious and gloriously healthful, Grilled Vegetables provide an exceptional meal for veget...
Passover Mandelbrodt is a sweet, nutty and delicious bread that is often served as a cake. Simply de...
Sweet and tangy Spiced Peaches pair perfectly with roast meats or game, giving a vivacious flavor wi...