A surprising, exciting, alluring and flavorful blend of tomato, basil and Mozzarella Ciliegine (cherry-size nuggets of fresh mozzarella) with cantaloupe. Drizzled with a little olive oil, this delightful combination makes a wonderful appetizer or a superb side dish for a grand Italian summertime feast. Belissimo!
Serve it family style from a bowl or as an individual starter in a glass.
- 10 ounces Mozzarella Ciliegini (cherry-sized)
- 6 to 12 cherry tomatoes (halved or whole if small)
- 1 cantaloupe melon, washed, seeded and balled
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto di Parma
- Grissini or thin breadsticks
- Drain the fresh mozzarella and select an amount equal to the number of melon balls.
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, melon balls and Ciliegini.
- Season with a pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve in a martini glass with the fresh basil.
- Roll the prosciutto on breadsticks
Deliciously flavorful, Cure-All Chicken Soup is a heart-warming soup bringing not only comfort to th...
English Pea Crostini with Arugula and Parmesan makes a glorious start to any meal, but may also be s...
Perfectly paired in Summertime Corn Hash with Shellfish, by Chef Jonathan Cartwright of Kennebunkpor...
Celebrating Chinese New Year, we offer this traditional recipe for Jai, a vegetarian dish once the p...