A surprising, exciting, alluring and flavorful blend of tomato, basil and Mozzarella Ciliegine (cherry-size nuggets of fresh mozzarella) with cantaloupe. Drizzled with a little olive oil, this delightful combination makes a wonderful appetizer or a superb side dish for a grand Italian summertime feast. Belissimo!
Serve it family style from a bowl or as an individual starter in a glass.
- 10 ounces Mozzarella Ciliegini (cherry-sized)
- 6 to 12 cherry tomatoes (halved or whole if small)
- 1 cantaloupe melon, washed, seeded and balled
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto di Parma
- Grissini or thin breadsticks
- Drain the fresh mozzarella and select an amount equal to the number of melon balls.
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, melon balls and Ciliegini.
- Season with a pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve in a martini glass with the fresh basil.
- Roll the prosciutto on breadsticks
90-Minute Soft Pretzels are indeed a treat, and are eaten in Germany with mustard along side a stein...
Chilled Melon Soup is delightfully flavorful. We have enjoyed making this in dual batches, each with...
Pasta Primavera is a glorious rite of Spring and delicious blend of fresh vegetables that enriches, ...
Simple, easy to make and superbly flavorful, Thai Peanut Sauce is also used as a dip. Great with fis...