Insalata di Mare is a seafood salad mixing vegetables, calamari, shrimp and a delicious, lemony dressing. Simple yet incredibly tasty, any time.
Insalata di Mare
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1/2 pound calamari
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- chives, to taste, fresh
- heart of celery
- 1 Cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- toasted almonds
- black olives
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- radishes, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Boil the peeled and deveined shrimp for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Cook for 3 minutes and drain. Set shrimp aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, proceed in the same way for calamari, cook them for 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a bowl, then sprinkle all over with the strained lemon juice.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water according to package directions, drain and add to shrimp and squid. Trim the celery, wash and slice it thinly. Trim, wash and slice the radishes very thinly and add all the other ingredients.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and divide in half the pitted olives.
- In a small bowl, put a pinch of salt, a generous grinding of pepper, chives (chopped with scissors) and olive oil. Emulsified by whisking, pour over salad and finished with almonds and olives. Stir and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Serving size: per serving Calories: 215