Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Meat Pies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 Cups onions; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cup Bisquick mix
- 2 tomatoes; sliced
- 1 Cup Cheddar or American cheese; shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Can be topped with crisply cooked bacon. Grease pie plate, 10x1 1/2", or square baking dish, 8 x 8, or 6 10 oz. custard cups.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in 10" skillet over medium heat until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread in pie plate. Beat milk, eggs and baking mix 15 sec. in blender on high speed, 1 minutes with wire whisk or hand beater or until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Bake 30 minutes Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5-8 minutes or til knife comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes
- 1/2 RECIPE: Use 1 Quart square or round casserole. Decrease eggs to 2 and baking mix to 1/2 Cup.
- Divide remaining ingred. amts. in half.
- Decrease beat time to 10 seconds in blender or 30 seconds with wire whisk or hand beater.
- HIGH ALTITUDE: Increase first bake to 30 minutes If baking the 1/2 recipe: Use 1 1/2 qt round casserole or 1 Quart square.