In summertime, a perfect ending to a glorious meal is found in the luxurious delight of Ice Cream with Berry Reisling Sauce.
Ice Cream with Berry Reisling Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Berry Reisling Sauce
- 4 1/2 Cups blackberries and/or blueberries
- 4 1/2 Cups Riesling wine
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 3 long strips lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 Gallon premium ice cream, vanilla or caramel based
- Combine all ingredients in heavy saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook until berries are completely soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Press mixture through strainer.
- Serve the sauce warm or chilled with ice cream, angel food cake or other desserts.
- Refrigerate unused portion up to several days in covered container.