A perfect blending of sweet, salty and crunchy ingredients, Ice Cream Crunch Pie is a delightful dessert offering a treasure trove of flavors to your palate. The salty crust enhances its cold sweetness.
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Cup caramel syrup
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, generous
- 1 1/2 Cups potato chips, crushed, salty
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 Cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 pints premium ice cream, such as Dulce de Leche, or any flavor, softened
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 Cup shaved quality chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, caramel syrup and cinnamon. Gently blend in the potato chips (add more if needed).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the crust, pressing it gently into the pan, evenly.
- Spread chopped nuts and chocolate chips evenly on the bottom.
- Spread the ice cream into the pie pan, spreading it evenly, but not smoothly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, spread the top of the pie with chopped nuts and shaved chocolate.
- To serve, dip a long, thin knife into a tall glass of hot water.
- Cut the pie. Use a pie spatula to serve slices.
Perfect on ribs, pork chops, salmon or chicken, Cap City Barbecue Sauce is sweet and spicy, with a n...
Cilantro-Lime Rice is perfect when preparing grilled, Southwestern, Tex-Mex or Mexican fish, or chic...
One of the classic side dish recipes, Creamed Green Beans and Onions is a comforting and relaxing ac...
Summer Bread Salad from Tuscany is one of the treasures Mary Ann Esposito brings back from her trips...