Hungarian Cucumber Salad made with sour cream is a light and refreshing side dish common in Hungary. This is traditionally served with Chicken Paprikash and little dumplings called nokedli. The combination was delicious. Enjoy this simple and lovely side salad sprinkled of course with some Hungarian paprika. It’s up to you if you like it sweet to hot.
- 4 cucumbers (Kirby or English)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup white or rice vinegar (not red)
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- Peel cucumbers. Drag fork tines down length of peeled cucumbers to create long grooves that will look very nice when you slice cucumbers extremely thin. Put in mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop clove of garlic. Add salt and sugar to the slices. Mix in sour cream. Add vinegar and toss well, till cucumber slices and sour cream are frothy and foamy.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle a little paprika on top for decoration, and serve well chilled.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole is a wonderful dish perfect for young couples to enjoy. Simple to make, ...
Every portion of Cold Cucumber and Spinach Soup will leave your guests and family pleading for secon...
Serve these for breakfast, brunch or dinner. They are delicious, protein rich and full of flavor. S...
Escoffier's original recipe is still one of the best desserts ever created. Simple yet fundamentally...