Hungarian Cucumber Salad made with sour cream is a light and refreshing side dish common in Hungary. This is traditionally served with Chicken Paprikash and little dumplings called nokedli. The combination was delicious. Enjoy this simple and lovely side salad sprinkled of course with some Hungarian paprika. It’s up to you if you like it sweet to hot.
- 4 cucumbers (Kirby or English)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup white or rice vinegar (not red)
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- Peel cucumbers. Drag fork tines down length of peeled cucumbers to create long grooves that will look very nice when you slice cucumbers extremely thin. Put in mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop clove of garlic. Add salt and sugar to the slices. Mix in sour cream. Add vinegar and toss well, till cucumber slices and sour cream are frothy and foamy.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle a little paprika on top for decoration, and serve well chilled.
Banana-Pineapple Tropical Sorbet is sensual, seductive and evocative of a night on a moon-lit beach ...
Sate Manis (Sweet Satay) is a tasty grilled beef or pork recipe ideally suited to entertaining frien...
Summer is a time for frozen desserts and among them, we love Peanuts and Porter Ice Cream Sandwiches...
Chutneys are wonderful gifts because they really improve with age and go brilliantly with holiday me...