This slightly sour Hungarian Cherry Soup tastes best in the warmth of spring and summer and is easy to prepare. The dish is tasty and refreshing; it cools and hydrates.
- 1 pound morello cherries, pitted, pits and stems reserved
- 3 Cups Riesling or other dry white wine
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 lemons, 1 peeled and the peel reserved, both squeezed
- 1/2 Cup Brandy (optional)
- 2 Cups sour cream
- Crush a few of the cherries, then put them, with the pits and stems, into a pan with the wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and the juice of both lemons and peel of one. Simmer for 5 minutes, then leave to steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Strain, bring back to a boil and add the remaining cherries and their juice.
- Remove from the heat immediately. Stir in the brandy.
- Put the sour cream into a tureen, then gradually pour in the cherry soup, mixing thoroughly.
- May be served chilled or hot.
Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start t...
As we near St. Patrick's Day, our Emerald Isle Cupcakes make marvelous treats for your family, and p...
The Roast Beef Blues Panini is a superb lunch recipe that perfectly satisfies the most intense hunge...
The Piadina is an unleavened flatbread, similar and probably related to that of the Middle East. Fil...