This slightly sour Hungarian Cherry Soup tastes best in the warmth of spring and summer and is easy to prepare. The dish is tasty and refreshing; it cools and hydrates.
- 1 pound morello cherries, pitted, pits and stems reserved
- 3 Cups Riesling or other dry white wine
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 lemons, 1 peeled and the peel reserved, both squeezed
- 1/2 Cup Brandy (optional)
- 2 Cups sour cream
- Crush a few of the cherries, then put them, with the pits and stems, into a pan with the wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and the juice of both lemons and peel of one. Simmer for 5 minutes, then leave to steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Strain, bring back to a boil and add the remaining cherries and their juice.
- Remove from the heat immediately. Stir in the brandy.
- Put the sour cream into a tureen, then gradually pour in the cherry soup, mixing thoroughly.
- May be served chilled or hot.
Outstanding Southwest cuisine, this recipe blends the best of American and Mexican cooking in one. C...
Cold Georgia Peach Soup with Country Ham is an enticing, flavorful soup that is best served as an ap...
The "21" Club was a New York speakeasy, with a checkered past of Prohibition-era antics that are leg...
White Chocolate Tower with Dark Chocolate Mousse is a magical recipe that surprises. You'll expect ...