Hungarian Carp in Paprika Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Wild Game
- 4 Carp fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 lemon; juiced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 green bell peppers; seeded, diced
- 1 1/4 tomatoes; peeled, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle fish with lemon juice. Marinate 20 minutes in refrigerator. Melt butter in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onions 4 to 5 minutes until tender. Sprinkle with paprika. Stir in green peppers and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Arrange fish on bottom of a buttered casserole.
- Cover with sauce and bake 20 to 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
Suggested Wine: Gewnrztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc, or Chardonnay