A wonderful breakfast or brunch dish, full of outstanding, spicy flavor.
Huevos con Chorizo
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage links
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 Cups Cheddar cheese; grated
- 1 Cup salsa
- Melt butter in skillet. If chorizo casing is easy to remove, peel it off and crumble sausage into large skillet. If not, cut chorizo into thin slices.
- Cook over medium-low heat with onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes. Remove excess fat.
- Whisk eggs with water. Reduce heat to low, pour eggs over chorizo mixture in the pan, and cook, stirring almost constantly, until set.
- Divide egg mixture among tortillas, rolling tortillas around the filling.
- Place seam side down in a large baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. (Can be made about an hour ahead.) Warm salsa in saucepan over low heat.
- Preheat broiler. Place dish under element and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Serve with salsa spooned over.
- Note: Mexican sausages or chorizos are widely available. You could substitute lengths of spicy Polish or Italian sausage.