Houston’s Coleslaw is an ideal accompaniment for your summer barbecue or grilled burgers, franks, chicken or brats. Goes well on sandwiches. Deliciously creamy and best made the day before.
- 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk; plus
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 Cup dill-pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon brown mustard, such as Gulden's Spicy
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped or shredded cabbage
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, horseradish, pickle relish, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar and pepper. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss cabbage, parsley and green onions. Add 3/4 cup Dressing and mix until thoroughly combined; refrigerate remaining dressing for another use.
- Chill coleslaw at least 30 minutes before serving.
The lusciousness and soothing, cooling flavor of Honeydew Sorbet make this the quintessential desser...
Cumin-Spiced Roast Chicken with Currant-Fegato Sauce, Toasted Almonds and Chives is one glorious dis...
Grilled Chicken with Mango Salad is a wonderful main-course salad that is perfect for picnics, famil...
Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Green Sauce is the kind of dish that can tempt the ...