Hot Spiced Oil
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Condiments
- 1 strip orange peel
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 peppercorns
- 2 dried long red chiles
- 6 allspice berries
- 1 olive oil to cover (8 ounces)
- Place the ingredients in a decorative 10 ounce bottle.
- Close the bottle tightly,and let the ingredients steep for at least 2 weeks, shaking the bottle occasionally.
- When you are done steeping the ingredients, you can either leave all ingredients in the bottle or you can decant the oil into another container.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Oil can be used to perk up any number of foods including soups, stews, salads, sauteed vegetables.