Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Shellfish
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 5 Cups water
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Cups oil
- 16 medium prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoons condensed milk
- 1/2 Cup oil
- Here's a goody. It calls for such non-Chinese things as milk and mayonnaise.
- Rinse walnuts, then boil in 5 Cups water, continually changing water until clear. When clear, boil with sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Heat 2 Cups oil until almost smoking, then deep-fry walnuts until they're shiny and brown, no longer golden. Remove walnuts to cookie sheet, let cool.
- Mix cornstarch and egg whites together to form a thick, sticky texture and mix well with prawns. Set aside.
- Mix honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and condensed milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil until boiling, then deep fry prawns until golden brown.
- Drain, then fold in honey-mayonnaise mixture. mix well, sprinkle with walnuts, and arrange on platter.
- Serves 4 to 6.