Sweet, sultry and seductive, Honey-Grilled Vegetables enhances the best of grilling, natural foods and simple cooking. Perfect as a side, for sandwiches or as a vegetarian meal.
- 12 small red potatoes; halved
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 zucchini; halved lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant; cut 1/2"-thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper; halved
- 1 red bell pepper; halved
- 1 large red onion; cut into wedges
- Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine honey, wine, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in small bowl; mix well.
- Place potatoes and remaining vegetables on oiled barbecue grill over hot coals. Grill 20 to 25 minutes, turning and brushing with honey mixture every 7 to 8 minutes.
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Vegetable; 1 Other Carbohydrates.