A Southern classic, this recipe is one of our favorites. Eaten hot or cold, Honey Fried Chicken has a delightful sweetness that compliments its crunchy coating perfectly. Superb for lunch, dinner or a picnic with biscuits.
- 1 Quart buttermilk
- 6 Cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- cooking oil to fill a large skillet halfway.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 2 eggs
- your favorite chicken spices
- Mix honey and buttermilk together and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in honey/buttermilk mixture and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Once the chicken has set, mix eggs and 2 Cups of the buttermilk/honey mixture in another bowl.
- Combine and flour, baking soda and your favorite chicken spices in a third bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, cover in egg/buttermilk mixture and redredge.
- Fry in skillet with oil temperature at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken every 5 minutes. Once done, place on paper towels to drain.
- To make gravy, drain all but 2 or 3 tablespoons of oil from skillet. Off the heat, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour and mix with oil. Place on medium high heat and let flour brown some.
- Stir in 1/2 cup milk and bring to boil. If gravy is to thick add more milk. Salt to taste.
Chicken Satay is an exceptional Thai dish usually served as an appetizer or main course. It is often...
Once again, Italian cookery has shown its universal appeal in this historic Jewish dish created by I...
The spicy nature of the crust in Beef Tenderloin with Peppercorn and Mustard Seed Crust adds a new d...
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...