The wonderful flavors combined in Honey-Cheddar-Chutney Scones make a perfect accompaniment for brunch or simple and easy afternoon snack. Great for breakfast, too! Serve with butter, apple butter or clotted cream.
- 3/4 Cup unbleached white flour; plus extra
- for rolling dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mango chutney
- 1/4 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat buttermilk (to 2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Into large bowl, sift together 3/4 Cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift mixture again.
- Add butter; mix just until crumbly. Add cottage cheese, chutney, Cheddar cheese, honey and 1 Tablespoon buttermilk.
- Combine briefly, just to mix ingredients. If dough is too crumbly, add additional 1 Tablespoon buttermilk. Knead only 5 times. (Dough should be soft and satiny.)
- Lightly flour board and roll out dough into 8- by 5-inch rectangle. Cut into rounds with 2-inch biscuit cutter, rerolling and cutting scraps.
- Place on oiled baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, until just golden.
- Yields 10 to 12 scones.
The sweet, subtle flavor of peas adds exceptional quality to Chilled Soup of Mixed Peas, served well...
Beef Satays are an easy, economical and very handy recipe for parties and small events. Also handy ...
Basic Dumplings are soft, tender and delightful. Supple morsels that complement your favorite soups...
These freshly made Potato Farls (pancakes) are served with a hearty Irish breakfast, or used as a ba...