The wonderful flavors combined in Honey-Cheddar-Chutney Scones make a perfect accompaniment for brunch or simple and easy afternoon snack. Great for breakfast, too! Serve with butter, apple butter or clotted cream.
- 3/4 Cup unbleached white flour; plus extra
- for rolling dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mango chutney
- 1/4 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat buttermilk (to 2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Into large bowl, sift together 3/4 Cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift mixture again.
- Add butter; mix just until crumbly. Add cottage cheese, chutney, Cheddar cheese, honey and 1 Tablespoon buttermilk.
- Combine briefly, just to mix ingredients. If dough is too crumbly, add additional 1 Tablespoon buttermilk. Knead only 5 times. (Dough should be soft and satiny.)
- Lightly flour board and roll out dough into 8- by 5-inch rectangle. Cut into rounds with 2-inch biscuit cutter, rerolling and cutting scraps.
- Place on oiled baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, until just golden.
- Yields 10 to 12 scones.
Bistro Steak is a simple, easily cooked main course, perfect for a great dinner for two. Bleu chees...
Scallops with Crushed New Potatoes, Leek and Bacon offers incredible taste sensations. The subtle f...
German Chocolate Cake is a treasure trove of rich, delicious and sweet flavors and a favorite of you...
This truly simple recipe produces outstanding results every time, with perfect rice to accompany all...