Nothing could be finer than a dish of cold, sweet Homemade Peach Ice Cream on a summer’s evening. Crumble some Praline on it with a dollop of whipped cream for an absolutely perfect dessert. End of summer peaches are often the sweetest, and make the best ice cream.
- 1 Cup fresh peaches, peel removed and pitted
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 Cups light cream
- Coarsely chop the peaches in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the peaches with 1/4 Cup of sugar and chill.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar with the cornstarch and salt.
- Blend the milk gradually. Microwave on high (100%) for about 8 minutes or until thick, stirring two to three times.
- Beat the eggs and add, gradually, to the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Microwave, on high (100%), about two minutes or until thick and creamy. Chill. Add the vanilla and cream to the mixture. Stir in the peaches.
- Place in an ice cream freezer and freeze, following the manufacturer's directions.
Pickled Garlic is a wonderful accompaniment for many country pates, or in salads. It may even be use...
The most exceptional Southwest burger you can ever imagine is the Black Angus Burger with Cheese and...
An exceptional classic of French cuisine, the crisp skin of Duck a l'Orange is contrasted by the moi...
Sylvia's Uptown Banana Pancakes are an absolute delight and a treasure of African-American cuisine. ...