Nothing could be finer than a dish of cold, sweet Homemade Peach Ice Cream on a summer’s evening. Crumble some Praline on it with a dollop of whipped cream for an absolutely perfect dessert. End of summer peaches are often the sweetest, and make the best ice cream.
- 1 Cup fresh peaches, peel removed and pitted
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 Cups light cream
- Coarsely chop the peaches in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the peaches with 1/4 Cup of sugar and chill.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar with the cornstarch and salt.
- Blend the milk gradually. Microwave on high (100%) for about 8 minutes or until thick, stirring two to three times.
- Beat the eggs and add, gradually, to the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Microwave, on high (100%), about two minutes or until thick and creamy. Chill. Add the vanilla and cream to the mixture. Stir in the peaches.
- Place in an ice cream freezer and freeze, following the manufacturer's directions.
A treasured German classic, Sauerkraut Soup is amazingly flavorful and rich in exotic tastes. The f...
Summer is the season to cook with fresh fruit so Strawberry Ice Cream is a natural fit with its perf...
Absolutely delicious by any measure, English Cheddar and Vegetable Medley Soup is perfect for a full...
An exceptionally fine, cool soup that provides a deliciously flavorful and relaxing taste. We serve...