Nothing could be finer than a dish of cold, sweet Homemade Peach Ice Cream on a summer’s evening. Crumble some Praline on it with a dollop of whipped cream for an absolutely perfect dessert. End of summer peaches are often the sweetest, and make the best ice cream.
- 1 Cup fresh peaches, peel removed and pitted
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 Cups light cream
- Coarsely chop the peaches in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the peaches with 1/4 Cup of sugar and chill.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar with the cornstarch and salt.
- Blend the milk gradually. Microwave on high (100%) for about 8 minutes or until thick, stirring two to three times.
- Beat the eggs and add, gradually, to the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Microwave, on high (100%), about two minutes or until thick and creamy. Chill. Add the vanilla and cream to the mixture. Stir in the peaches.
- Place in an ice cream freezer and freeze, following the manufacturer's directions.
Full of candied citron, raisins and rich bread, Panettone Bread Pudding with Spiced Orange Sauce mak...
Delicious. Outstanding. Super-duper! And Honey Walnut Ice-Cream is darn good too! You can't help lov...
Simple, easy preparation make Lentil Chipotle Soup a wonderful luncheon or starter course for dinner...
Turkey is greatly underrated as a meat for grilling. It accepts the smokey flavor throughout and so...